29
Sep

Tips to Find the Best Airboat Ride in Florida

Everyone wants to have a great vacation. It’s why people spend copious amounts of time and effort researching where to go. Some even spend a lot of money on tours and activities they have never experienced before.

Finding unique and fun activities is easy when you’re visiting Florida. The Sunshine State has theme parks and beaches galore. It has hundreds of restaurants, shops, and museums. It also has acres of wetland. Florida is 31% wetlands. About 90% of it is freshwater while the remaining 10% is often made up of mangroves and saltwater marshes.

Visiting these wetlands can make your Florida vacation one of your most memorable. Locals say you haven’t experienced the state’s unique culture if you haven’t taken an airboat ride. Going through its lakes and marshes is something you won’t forget.

The good news is there are hundreds of airboat operators across the state. The challenge is finding the best airboat ride in Florida. Here are some tips you should consider in your hunt.

Timing Can Make a Difference

There’s no right or wrong time to go on an airboat ride. Exploring the marshes in the spring is as fun as doing it in the autumn or winter. The only time locals will discourage you is when it’s raining. But what you can see during the ride is also affected by the season and the time of day.

You have to consider what you want to see before you book airboat rides Orlando. For example, you can see more alligators when the temperatures are cooler. It’s because more of these cold-blooded reptiles bask out in the sun during fall. They’re also more prevalent during Florida’s very short winters. But the warmer months are when you can see more Gator hatchlings.

Your best option is to think about what you want to see during the tour. Do you want to see alligators or birds? Narrowing down your choices will make researching a tour easier. You should also consider when you feel more comfortable. Many visitors prefer the warm weather. Others want to explore during cooler climes.

Manage Your Expectations

There’s so much to see in Florida’s wetlands. There are over 350 species of flora and fauna in the Everglades alone. This national park spans 1.5 million acres. It’s made up of mangroves, pine flat woods, and sawgrass marshes. The Everglades’ extensive area means you won’t be able to see everything in one day.

Visitors should try to manage their expectations. Some factors can affect what people can or cannot see during airboat rides Florida. For example, some animals are more likely to be in certain locations. Bird enthusiasts might have a better time in the swamps of Central Florida. This area has more forest cover, which makes it ideal for raising young birds.

Make sure you check out Florida’s Fish and Wildlife website first. You can find more information there on where to see specific animals. This can help narrow down your choice of airboat tours. You can make your selections based on the location. It will also help if you talk to the operator about what to expect during the trip.

Go Over Reviews

There’s no denying that there’s a plethora of companies offering the best airboat rides in Florida. But each one is unique. Every tour operator offers a distinct experience. The information they’ll share and even what you’ll see will be different from other airboat tours.

To find out whether a Florida airboat rides company can give you what you want is to look at client feedback. You can start with the company’s website. You can then move on to Facebook and the company’s social media accounts. You can also check review sites like Yelp or TripAdvisor. Google business pages are also worth a look. The testimonials and comments real visitors make are credible and realistic. You can get an inkling of the kind of tour you can experience.

Plan a Memorable Adventure

Make your Florida trip even more memorable with Swamp Fever Airboat Adventures. We’re one of the top airboat and swamp tours in the Sunshine State. We offer amazing airboat adventures at very reasonable prices. Book a ride with us here and we’ll show you the beauty of Orlando’s wetlands. You’ll learn a lot from our friendly captain. You can even get a free photo op with alligators. It’s the perfect adventure for family and friends. Give us a call at 352-643-0708 and let’s plan your adventure.